Friday, June 27, 2014

My New Best Friend Tock


Oh, camping out in our pop-up was ever so much fun! For one thing, Barcie almost fell out of the camper. (She was found one night, dangling with only her front legs up on the camper bed.) They managed to scoot her back in. The little princess sucked up all the attention with that trick; then managed to work her way into the human’s softer bed. 
The best part of the trip is that I brought home a new little friend! I thought, “instead of BEING the pet, I’ll HAVE a pet!” My new pal is Tick, an American Dog Tick, who I wittedly named “Tock.” Tock was probably a resident of the campground’s woodlands who hopped on me during a walk.

Now I was very excited about having a new friend. But once discovered Tock was plunged into a baggie for identification. I do hope his death wasn’t too traumatic or painful.
I do not think that Tock was able to feed on me, but frankly I wasn’t paying attention. Instead I was just thinking about all the fun we could have together, having thoughtful conversations, taking long walks in the woods, looking for some of Tock’s friends. Now my dreams are all for naught. Maybe I should look for a tapeworm or flea next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment