Friday, December 23, 2011

Invite from the Innocents


Guess what? Kobe and I have had a dinner invite from some dogs living in Ferndale. Luka (left) and Frodo (right)  very graciously invited us to play with them while our parents have dinner. They don’t even know us, but they laid out the welcome mat.

But these kind and innocent animals don’t know that: we don’t do play dates. We don’t play well with others. Our mom stopped taking us to the dog park since we were not acting nicely. Nothing too awful, but I was ambushing dogs and speeding away, sort of a blitzkrieg approach. Kobe would follow up by barking in their face and trying to nip them.

 Now, I’m not even going to go into the incident of summer, 2010, when I got off my leash during a walk, ran at leashed dogs walking by in the neighborhood and got this (see picture) in return. Or the time that while playing with Kobe I accidently removed a piece of his ear (see picture).


 No, as they say, let’s not go there. So, Luka, Frodo, I thank you. We appreciate the invite. But you have nooooooooo idea what you would be getting yourselves into. Still, hope to meet you dogs in 2012!

Tootles, Barcelona 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Barcie,
    I can't believe you'd turn me down--just look at me! I'm one of the most handsome chaps you'd ever meet! Now, my roommate, Frodo, well, I suppose he's cute too (I'm a little competitive), though he's a lot older than me. And by the way, if you even TRIED to ambush me and then run, YOU have no idea what you'd be in for. Most dogs at the park can't even catch me! If we ever get to meet, I'll show you just what kinda dog I am. My mommy and daddy love me to bits (even if they do get a little frustrated sometimes when I run after deer--I think they don't like me being gone for so long...mommy gets especially angry!).
    So apparently you have a bit of an attitude. Well, so does Frodo--he doesn't take any crap off of anyone (even me). We'll see what he has to say when he meets you!
    By the way, I think you're really cute! You just let me know when you're ready and I'll show you a good time, young lady! Oh, and I hope you apologized to your buddy, Kobe! That was mean!!
    Smooches,
    Luka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luka, no need to take this as a challenge! Yes, you are handsome; that picture of you eying the spine bone made MY spine tingle! But, I must say if you are talking about beating me in the speed department you'd better think again. We whippets tend to be fairly fast; just check out this link to Fact Monster: http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0004737.html. I see greyhounds and whippets listed, but not shepard mixes!

    By the way, I didn't mean to nip brother Kobe's ear, it was TOTALLY an accident!

    Let's keep up the dialog, Dreamboat!

    ReplyDelete