Saturday, December 3, 2011

Why Whippets as Pets?

Well, I thought that a dog writing a blog was unique. But after doing some surfing, I see that I’m just one of many!  So I had better focus on the quality of my writing.
Living in a densely populated home (18 dogs no less) did not allow me to hone my writing skills, but I did gain perspective. Kobe my brother and I were among the younger whippets there. Naturally, Kobe, who has a club foot, was not high in the pecking order.  (He limps or hops when walking but can still run pretty fast. Not as fast as me of course...)
Do whippets make good pets? Are they good dogs? As Sarah Palin would say, “You betcha”! Of course if you are fussy and dislike having little white or brown hairs on your furniture, nose marks on the window or dogs snoozing on your best couch you might want to reconsider. Or if you want a large, slobbery ultra-shedding, energetic and smelly sporting-type dog that can live outside, whippets are not for you.
We need, nay desire, a soft place to sleep without drafts, lots of time to snooze and an absence of chilly temperatures. We will either run like the dickens or else barely move. Your lap or upholstered furniture are to us the best bets for a nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment